<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Second Half Gil in May? 

After an abysmal start to the season, Gil Meche appears to have righted the ship. His last three starts have come against three of the most powerful offenses in baseball in the Rangers, Angels, and Yankees. Yet here is his aggregate line...

IP: 22.1
H: 18
BB: 3
K: 11
ER: 9

So, he's given up less than a baserunner per inning, struck nearly 4 for every walk, and has a sub-4 ERA.

Not going to win the Cy Young, but it seems to me like second half Gil is making an early emergence for your 2005 Mariners. Talk of his demise certainly appears quite premature.

I'm heading out to the Rainiers-Express game shortly, and tomorrow, I'll see the noon start with Felix Hernandez on the hill. I'll try to have a post up tomorrow night sharing my observations.

Until then... Go Mariners! Beat the GD Yankees!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?