<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, March 03, 2004

Music For an Optimist 

Following Peter White's lead, I have taken the challenge as originally proferred by hiphopmusic.com:

Step 1: Open your MP3 [CD] player.
Step 2: Put all of your music on random.
Step 3: Write down the first 20 songs it plays, no matter how embarrassing.

I'll note that this is what I have at work, which is about 120 CDs from collection of around 500.

1. Tonic - Future Says Run
2. No Doubt - By the Way
3. Better Than Ezra - Cry In the Sun
4. Third Eye Blind - Darkness
5. Bob Seger - Rock & Roll Never Forgets
6. The Red Hot Chili Peppers - Under the Bridge
7. Beastie Boys - Time to Get Ill
8. Loverboy - Take Me to the Top
9. The Red Hot Chili Peppers - If You Have to Ask
10. Queen - I Want It All
11. Rod Stewart - Handbags and Gladrags
12. Berlin - Sex (I'm A...)
13. Live - Sparkle
14. Melissa Etheridge - Come to My Window
15. Bob Seger - You'll Accomp'ny Me
16. Garth Brooks - The River
17. Mary Chapin Carpenter - Is This Love
18. Warren Zevon - Looking For the Next Best Thing
19. Eric Clapton - Running on Faith
20. Bruce Springsteen - The Promised Land

Looking at this list (and getting over the embarassment of Loverboy showing up here), its kind of eerie in that it comes close to describing my experience as a blogger, and hopefully prognosticating our future.

The early songs remind me of the pessimistic bloggers out there. "Future Says Run", "Cry In the Sun", "Darkness", "Time to Get Ill" all sound like descriptions I've heard about our offseason.

So I decided to blog as the Optimist, saying "Rock & Roll Never Forgets", the Mariners will "Take Me to the Top" and "I Want it All."

I invite my fellow M's fans along for the ride("Come to My Window", "You'll Accomp'ny Me") as we remember our love for the Mariners and root our team along this season ("Is This Love", "Looking For the Next Best Thing", "Running On Faith")

And finally, you guessed it, the M's win it all and reach "The Promised Land."

Now, if I can just figure out how the "Sex" could possibly apply to me...

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?