<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, February 03, 2004

Sasaki Returns to Yokohama 

Good luck to Kazuhiro Sasaki as he joins the Yokohama BayStars for the 2004 season. I don't know quite what 500 million yen is worth (edited to add that now I do, its around $4.7M), but I believe it is substantially less than $8.5 million U.S. dollars. He did stay consistent and turned down the Nippon Ham Fighters because they were further from his family in Sapporo.


Leone getting ready for encore in 2004
And here's a hard-to-find article on Justin Leone's 2003 season, as he went from AA backup infielder to a major league blogspiration. The article provides the highlights of Leone's season including homering in an Olympics qualifying game, and manages to compare Leone to Tom Hanks, Mona Lisa, Rembrandt, and Art Garfunkel, which is pretty hard to pull off.

"Much of it is confidence," he said. "I changed my stance and my bat, but you've still got to believe."

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?